The University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville, seeks a full-time faculty member at the non-tenure accruing level of Clinical Ast/Aso/Full Professor & Medical Director – Value Based Care. This Senior-level position responsible for strategic leadership, oversight and direction; reporting directly to Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville for this responsibility and the Department Chair of the Clinical Specialty. The expectation is to dedicate 50% of the time for this role. Responsible for designing a transition strategy that moves the organization to value-based care (managing populations). The director will develop relationships to achieve results, promote standardization and drive innovation by developing workflow and process mapping to design sustainable models. Additionally, the director will create process, structure, and care teams necessary to succeed in a value-based model while creating workflow design and role responsibilities to optimize the care team and health outcomes.
- Strategy development and maintenance: Work with the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs and the VP for Managed Care UF Health to develop an overall strategy for optimizing performance in value-based contracts, including providing clinical input around prioritization of activities and implementation approach
- Performance management: In partnership with the Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs, the Clinical Informatics Director, and the VBC Director, design and maintain the overall measurement framework for tracking and managing financial and clinical performance.
- Clinical governance strategy: Develop forums for close collaboration with hospital- and clinic-based medical directors, to identify successful clinic-level programs that have supported the goals of value-based care and could be scaled across other practices; adapt implementation of VBC strategic initiatives to each clinic’s context; and improve VBC programming over time to achieve VBC objectives.
- IT roadmap: In close partnership with the UF Health CMIO, UF Health Epic leadership team, and VBC Director, design an IT strategy and roadmap to support overall VBC performance
- Communication and engagement: With the VBC Director, support communication around value-based care initiatives to clinical and non-clinical stakeholders throughout the practice.
Provides supervision and direction to VBC Director, clinical staff, professionals, and other support staff.
About UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville
With more than 6,200 faculty and staff, UF Health in Jacksonville is the largest UF campus outside of Gainesville. UF Health physicians offer primary care and specialty services in practices throughout Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, tallying more than 650,000 outpatient visits and more than 40,000 inpatient admissions annually.
UF Health in Jacksonville, Florida, is comprised of:
- UF Health Jacksonville, an academic health center near Downtown Jacksonville and home to the area’s only adult and pediatric Level I trauma program
- UF Health North, a 92-bed hospital and outpatient medical campus in North Jacksonville
- UF Health Science Center Jacksonville, which encompasses three UF colleges in Jacksonville: Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy
- UF Jacksonville Physicians, Inc., a network of primary and specialty care centers offering exceptional patient care throughout Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia
The UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville is the largest of the three colleges at the Health Science Center Jacksonville. We excel in education, research and patient care that expresses our steadfast values of compassion, excellence, professionalism and innovation. The college’s 16 clinical science departments house more than 450 faculty members, 1,560 staff and 384 residents and fellows, as well as medical students from UF and around the country. We offer an incredible breadth of clinical training programs and proud to train many of best primary care providers and specialists throughout the region, the state and the country.
Research, discovery and innovation are critical aspects of our clinical campus and we have some of the country’s leading researchers at our locations searching for and finding new treatments and clinical options.
The UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville faculty, administrators, residents, fellows, students and staff work as a team in pursuit of our common mission — to heal, to comfort, to educate and to discover through quality health care, elimination of health disparities, medical education, innovation and research.
To learn more about our college, leadership, mission, faculty resources, and the city of Jacksonville visit https://med.jax.ufl.edu/administrative-affairs/faculty-orientation-guide/.